IG Hi-Therm Lintel HT/S 130 @ 2400mm Standard Duty Cavity Wall Lintel
IG Lintels leads the way with the development of a completely unique range of lintels to address the thermal requirements of new building regulations, which require that steel lintels should be assessed for their effect on the thermal performance of a building. The thermal performance of is expressed in terms of Psi Values (Ψ) i.e. linear thermal transmittance.
Psi 0.05 W/m-K
Building regulations require that lintels should be assessed for their effect on the thermal performance of a building. The thermal performance of a lintel is expressed in terms of Psi Values (ψ) i.e. linear thermal transmittance.
Psi Comparison Chart
To help understand the immense thermal beneﬁts of the Hi-Therm Lintel it must be compared to other lintel types.
Testing of IG’s Hi-Therm Lintel was carried out by the BRE (Building Research Establishment) using Physibel’s thermal analysis software TRISCO which complies with BS EN ISO 10211-1. The modelling follows the requirements of the BRE conventions document BR497.
- Up to 5 times more thermally efficient than a steel cavity wall lintel, Hi-Therm outperforms other lintels.
- The significant reductions in thermal bridging due to the GRP component will assist in the building design process to achieve compliance with Part L and The Code for Sustainable Homes.
- The use of Hi-Therm will make a significant contribution to a buildings performance in respect of the Fabric Energy Efficiency Standards (FEES).
- Outperforms Stainless Steel on price and corrosion resistance.
- Patented GRP and Galvanised Steel hybrid design.
- Galvanised steel is used to support the heavier load on the inner leaf of the cavity wall.
- Profiled CFC free insulation ensures the continuity of insulation.
Not required on Hi-Therm lintels.
*Check severe exposure.
National House Building Council
Write a reviewYour Name
Your Review Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating Bad Good